Beams not working in 3D

3D view of the lightshow
HiloArcade

Beams not working in 3D

Post by HiloArcade »

Hello,

The Beams are not showing in my 3D stage. I can see movement's. The option to turn on Beams is greyed out on my Live Board. Dose anyone know how to fix this? I can not see what I am working on currently. Thank you for your time. PS: I do see the beams when in groups, and fixtures due to the beams option not being greyed out in those tabs.
support
Site Admin

Re: Beams not working in 3D

Post by support »

Hello,

Could you please PM us a "wetransfer" link to get a ZIP of your lightshow?
(viewtopic.php?t=47)
Then we will check that.
HiloArcade

Post by HiloArcade »

I can not find it. I only see my old show express files. I dont mind using the old show express but my 3d Visualizer is glitched out on the old software as well. Can i screen share what im working on via discord? hilo#9591
HiloArcade

Post by HiloArcade »

Beams work when importing fixture's and making sub groups but the option is "greyed out" when trying to use the live boards section. Please help i can not move forward without the 3D model created and approved first. If this can not be resolved can someone help me on the old version of show express the 3d visualizer is "Glitching out Green" when using it. Thank you all for your support!
support
Site Admin

Post by support »

For an efficient support, we need your lightshow.
Please enter "thelightingcontroller_ii" in the Windows search bar and you will find it.
HiloArcade

Post by HiloArcade »

Hello,

Thank you for the update. I have found the show file and converted via wetransfer. Here is the link below. I was just starting so there is not much yet. Just looking to get the lights working in 3D. https://we.tl/t-Zre1kiRYfi
support
Site Admin

Post by support »

The "dimmer off" problem is due to an error in the profile of the DMX fixture.
There was by mistake a level "dimmer" in the channel "dimmer". Sorry for that.
The channel "dimmer" is what we call a "pure" channel, which means it must not have any levels.
So we removed it.
and re-build a new board for the movements (the board with the orange color buttons) with "Board Creator".
(we moved your movement board in the second page "page 2")
and we swiched on the option "dimmer on" to generate the board.
Now we see the beams.

We sent you the revised lightshow by email.

Please note that it is also possible to generate the board without the option "dimmer on", but in that case, you will have to add an extra button to switch on the dimmer, or you can also use the option "dimmer on" when creating the board for the channel "shutter".

We cleaned some other channels with unexpected levels too on all your DMX fixtures.
Please use our cleaned profile "Intimidator Spot 375Z IRC.xml" and "Freedom Par HEX 4.xml".

The "Color Board" feature is only for RGB fixtures, so we made a new board to control the colors of the color wheel with Board Creator > Presets.
(we note that the Color board option should not be proposed the non RGB fixtures)

It is normal that the option "Show beams" is grayed in the module Live.
This option is only an help for scenes programming (Fixtures, Groups, Generator).

Please try our lightshow and tell us whether you have other questions.
HiloArcade

Post by HiloArcade »

Hello,

As always thank you for your assistance. Its why I have been using your products / software for over 10 years now. Very excited for the official release of Version II.

Thank you again for your time!