Timeline Loading

create synchronized shows with audio and lights
Lightman65

Timeline Loading

Post by Lightman65 »

Hi Everyone.

Just Tried my first Timeline in a test show but it seems to take a while to load and play on the button will this be fixed in future updates so when you activate the button it starts straight away as this is important in a show.

Cheers
support
Site Admin

Re: Timeline Loading

Post by support »

Hello,

Could you please PM us a wetransfer link to get a ZIP of your lightshow + your audio file ?
It will be more efficient for us to straight check that with all your files.

PS: viewtopic.php?t=47

And please specify your Operating System.
Lightman65

Post by Lightman65 »

Hi, just to let you know I used the built in effects of all the type of lights to make the timeline from the ready made show, and just added the music,can you work from this or do you still need the showfile being as all effects are already made in the software.
Also the wave file of the music at the moment is not showing like it does on youtube demo in the media timeline and I can only get a 30sec timeline length if i try to alter say to 4 minutes it freezes and goes back to the 30secs .

Thanks
support
Site Admin

Post by support »

The default duration of the timeline is 30s. Please read the user guide at page 69 to change this duration.

Please you send us your sound file and we will check why the wave is not showing.

We will make more tests with several big audio files triggered by a button in Boards, and we will come back to you.
Could you please edit your profile in the forum and enter your infos: country, Operating System and software name.
Then we could make our tests with the same system than yours.
Niffo

Post by Niffo »

Lightman65 wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2024 10:48 pm Just Tried my first Timeline in a test show but it seems to take a while to load and play on the button will this be fixed in future updates so when you activate the button it starts straight away as this is important in a show.
Maybe we shouldn't load the waveform when the timeline is launched from a button...
Lightman65

Post by Lightman65 »

Hi Niffo,
Would this be benefical to speed of loading the media file or would maybe putting into the software its own independant player to load faster.
Niffo

Post by Niffo »

Loading delay is only due to waveform calculation